To make sure we provide information you are interested in, when you're interested in it, if there are stretches of
updates you don't open, we'll automatically decrease the frequency of the updates you receive. If you like the updates,
you just need to open them to keep receiving them.
You already have a saved search with that name. If you save, you will overwrite the existing saved search. Are you sure?
Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
May 25, 2018 | Libby Cabrera
Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that you cannot smell, taste or feel, but it can cause great harm to your health. The gas is produced from burning material containing carbon. Common household sources of CO include gas heaters, charcoal grills, cigarette smoke, spray paint, gasoline generators, and other sources. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to the flu, such as fatigue, headaches and nausea. Children are affected more quickly than adults because of their smaller size. Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause serious injury, including brain damage or death. To avoid exposure to this poison, heed the following advice
Install a carbon monoxide alarm.
Do not use a generator or grill inside your home.
Do not leave a vehicle running inside your garage. Move it outdoor.
When using gasoline-powered devices, store it away from children.